Saturday, January 28, 2006

Random rants

Amazing. It's one of those points when our brain's fizzing like fireworks with many many questions, probably like that of an Izzet mage's mind. And at night. And after we've reached a state of high that's induced alcoholically and/or nicotinically. And worse of all all these thoughts during a shower where it's not possible to jot down the points, where it's forgotten (or lost in further extrapolation) once out of the shower and ready to pen down.

So this time we're gonna blog like how we sometimes hold 'serious' conversations (I think some people will share this view): random jumps to different topic points rather than focusing on a main subject. And how we jump from topic to topic.

How did it start anyway? I guess:

Probably how men's thinking differ from women's. And how we have biased opinions about how the other thinks. Men being more focused and to-the-point, more towards confrontation, thoughts being on self rather than group. Women being more sensitive and caring towards the collective/others and thinking more about the whole than the singular objective. Had thoughts back towards Frank Herbert's Dune series, especially from God Emperor onwards, as to why the Tyrants army of Fish Speakers consisted of women only, and also how only the Bene Gesserit (guild of...for lack of a better word, witches) was the only guild to last throughout the thousands of years without suffering much change. Need to reread the books again to get the key points about that.

Damn I'm getting more sober as the clock ticks away. Can't remember the argument and if it was even valid or not.

Amazing how Frank Herbert can write rather engagingly. His emotionally-detached Bene Gesserit, his logic-dictated Mentats, prescient leaders...how conversation have double meanings etc. Sometimes it does make you open your ears and eyes a bit to what goes on around you. And sometimes it does. Interestingly, two conversations (more like, two replies) of a certain subject told me a different story: their words meant one thing, but the reason why they replied such and how it was phrased told me another. Personally I wasn't offended in the first place but the response made me think, "What was that about?" While I know it's human nature to talk about people (especially discuss about people in their absence) it never really was an issue to me before except this sparked that curious question. Knowing myself, I'll soon forget about it so I won't really put any effort into it.

Speaking of effort. Having no direction in life really leaves us with no point in putting in effort anywhere. A downward spiral of degeneration. Work? Friends? Relationship? Future? Am definitely in a rut. What am I looking forward to? Even I cannot answer that. I may suggest something to myself and my own answer is along the lines of, "Too much effort." Bad. Very bad. Nowadays too many things get the "Too much effort"line from me. Personal self-destruction. A way out? "Too much effort."


Drat. Forgotten some line I thought about regarding infatuation. Can't remember what it was about also. Yeesh. 'How poor the man who discovers all it ever was was infatuation?' I really really cannot remember the exact line but probably around there. And I wasn't thinking of it due to personal applications. It was just a line. Reason I'm feeling chagrined is that I've forgotten the line so soon.

Sleepy. Probably randomly rant more next time and hopefully without the inner editor staring in horror at what I'm typing (he'd already deleted quite a few paragraphs of dead-end nonsense). Not like this one's getting anywhere.

No comments: