Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Small Goals 1

Browsing today at 1U I found the following:



What is it? Monty Phyton's Spamalot - the soundtrack of their musical. A Monty Phyton Musical! Actually what really caught my attention was the grail picture - I love Monty Phyton and the Holy Grail - and so natural reaction for me was to pick it up and look it through. It's gonna be most likely that I'll enjoy this. Measures of self-control were overridden when it comes to stuff that you know are rare, or know prices won't change anytime soon no matter how long you wait, or worry that once it's gone, it's gone. Unlike the OST for Perhaps Love, which I can always wait until the price drops to something more appealing.

Listened to the musical on the way to (and back from) Klang I just fell in love with it. The same appreciative feeling that I got from The Phantom of the Opera and Les Miserables I had with this, although instead of just being immersed totally to the music I had a better time listening to the lyrics. I mean:

LADY
I'll sing it in your face
While we both embrace

BOTH
And then we change the key!

DENNIS
Now we're into E
That's awfully high for me

LADY
But everyone can see
We should have stayed in D

BOTH
For this is our song that goes like this


...that goes on until...

LADY
I can't believe there's more

DENNIS
It's far too long I'm sure

LADY
That's the trouble with this song
It goes on and on and on

BOTH
For this is our song that is too long

Or another song example!

LADY
Whatever happen to my part?
It was exciting at the start
Now we're half-way through Act Two
And I've had nothing yet to do
I've been off stage for far too long
It's been ages since I had a song

I mean, she's singing about not having a part in the musical! This CD had songs not only from Monty Phyton and the Holy Grail but also from Monty Phyton's Life Of Brian, while some of the other songs while I don't recognize they do sound familiar as if it was a parody of some other popular musical.

Gotta love Monty Phyton. If you ever thought that Terry Pratchett was hard to follow, or thought that Douglas Adams was wacky, try Monty Phyton. Lords.

Which brings us to todays title. Having short memory means I've gotta jot down 'small goals' before I forget them or deprioritize them. Small goals are stuff that I can slowly do bit by bit over any amount of time, not really needing a lot of saving up or heavy investment. So some things to jot down and more to add on when I think about them:

DVD Collections
Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings, both Fellowship and Two Towers extended 4-DVD set. I already have The Return of the King and I want the originals for this.
Queer as Folk. Probably not very important, and definitely something I'll only get when I stay out on my own (very controversial after all). Would be nice if I could get the UK version. This one no need originals.
Sailormoon, Sailormoon R, Sailormoon Super S and Sailormoon Sailorstars. I have Sailormoon S already (best season to my opinion) as well as the movie collection, and I have all the episodes for Sailormoon and Sailorstars in Realplayer format so no rush here also.

Plays and Musicals to watch
Monty Phyton's Spamalot!
All Discworld plays! Especially Wyrd Sisters (love Granny Weatherwax!) and Maskerade!

Book Collections
All things Terry Pratchett. This include the entire Discworld series and their other spinoffs like The Science of Discworld etc. Oh must keep an eye on the Discworld maps collection.
Frank Herbert's Dune Messiah. I think that's the only missing book in my collection.
Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple series. The only thing that keeps me from actually making this a priority buy the fact that the books are small, but the price is big.
JK Rowling's Harry Potter: Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets. Started my collection backwards.
Magic: The Gathering: Ravnica series - Ravnica, Guildpact and Dissension.
Once I get my own place and have my own athenaeum I'm definitely looking to expand my range.

Gadgets and Gizmos
I guess next on my list is a digicam so I can be better camwhore. This one can consider a bit of a 'medium goal' actually.
Tetris DS for NDS.
New Super Mario Bros for NDS.
WACOM tablet and stylus? I guess this one is definitely out of reach plus the fact that it's more for professionals than for dabbling in doodling.

WTF I just made a wishlist! It's not a wishlist! Bah who am I fooling. >:P

No comments: