Thursday, August 16, 2007

"Da Da Dadada Da Da Da Dadada Da"

Came across this from -C. Was fun racking our brains there because some lines were so recognizable and we were trying to place 'em.

Quiz time, and with an eclectic collection of music for us to sound from. So what we've done is told the iPod to 'Shuffle Songs', and we'll take the first 25 with lyrics and list the first line of the lyrics here.

First to name a song and artist gets credit for it. How many can you recognize?

1. "Gomen ne sunao janakute..." [Female]

2. "Tale as old as time..." [Male]

3. "'Mystery after gala night' it says 'Mystery of soprano's flight'..." [Male]

4. "Monday night, and I feel so low..." [Male]

5. "Chez moi les forets se balancent..." [Female]

6. "I've never seen you looking so lovely as you did tonight..." [Male]

7. "Hizashi no aizu ni kakete kuru..." [Female]

8. "Epona Epona soba ni oide..." [Female]

9. "Why does it feel like night today? Something in here's not right today..." [Male]

10. "Mother mother tell your children, that their time has just begun..." [Male]

11. "When the night has come and the land is dark..." [Male]

12. "I can't get out of bed today..." [Female]

13. "People always talk about all the things they're all about..." [Female]

14. "There's maybe a way I can tell you 'cos with everyday things continue..." [Male]

15. "Kokoro ni hane wo motte tsutate mune no sasayaki..." [Female]

16. "I met her but I never thought she'd belonged to me..." [Male]

17. "Adeste Fideles laeti triumphantes..." [Males]

18. "I can be an asshole of the grandest kind..." [Female]

19a. "One night...and the world is your oyster..." [Male]

19b. "Shot like an arrow going through my heart..." [Female]

20a. "Little castles in the air..." [Female]

20b. "Are the stars out tonight? I don't know if it's cloudy or bright..." [Male]

21. "When it's over that's the time I fall in love again..." [Male]

22. "One more day before you go, we'll stay up late for one more show..." [Male]

23. "So this is who I am and this is all I know..." [Female]

24. "The trees are spinning oxygen, they're the rockets we should fear..." [Male]

25. "If there were no words, no way to speak, I would still hear you..." [Female]

BONUS: "I will dedicate and sacrifice my everything for just a second's worth of how my story's ending..."

For 19 and 20, there's options (will explain later). Also threw in a bonus just for kicks. And we realise that just by doing this, we've a bit of spring cleaning to do on our iPod, clearing off songs we won't ever listen to.

Have fun!

7 comments:

Henry Yeo said...

2. Beauty & The Beast - Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson

15. Kiss me Goodbye - Angela Aki

Aik Yong said...

3. Phantom - Prima Donna? (various)
11. Stand By Me - ?
17. Adeste Fideles ?
21. Missing you? - Eagle Eye Chery?

That's all I know, I fail the Pop quiz. paiseh.

William said...

Only No. 2. :(

Ryan said...

23) Immortality - Celine Dion

savante said...

Eeep!!

2. Beauty and the Beast by.. was it Peabo Bryson?

3. Ooh I love this! Prima Donna in Phantom of the Opera

10. Keep The Faith by Bon Jovi

11. Stand by Me by...a million and one jazz singers?

17. O Come all ye Faithful in Latin! How can I not know this! :P

19b. Miss You Much by Janet Jackson

23. Immortality by Celine Dion

Jason said...

2. Beauty & The Beast - Peabo Bryson

11. Stand By Me - ?

Uh.. I know only two. Bet we're sucks in Japanese songs.

Sam said...

2. Peabo Bryson & Celine Dion - Beauty and the Beast

9. Linkin Park - Papercut!

18. Everything - Alanis Morissette

20a sounds familiar. But I keep thinking Paul Van Dyk - sorry. :D