Thursday, March 16, 2006

Snapshots of Glasgow 1!

Now that I have a scanner I can start putting up some of the photos I've taken in the past! Ooo! What fun! Nah, not really. I have loads of pictures (maybe not as many compared to some others) that are sitting in the packs that Jessops place them photos in after developing, with no albums to arrange them in. Come to think of it, I wouldn't know how to arrange the photos too! Anyways.

Welcome to City Sightseeing, Glasgow tour!


You see, somewhere during our final semester my and my housemates decided to take the bus ride around Glasgow. Imagine, one year living in Glasgow, practically our second home, and not even going around the town! Yeah I could have done that, actually. I'm actually inert enough not to care much about my surroundings. But, since I'm not going to be able to stay there for indefinitely and since we'd the energy, we made the trip (and am thankful that we did).

So. Today's photo tour will be on the Riverside Route (actually we did Riverside Route on Day 2 of our bus ride!).

Here's the Tall Ship. I've been rather economical with my picture taking because 1) it's a conventional camera requiring film, not a digital camera, so cannot simply snap anything as my heart desires as worry may not have enough film to last; and 2) I wasn't a camwhore back then. So that means I didn't get to take a shot of the ship in it's entirety but only had shots on board.


Honestly I wasn't interested in much of the history of the ship (the S.V. Glenlee she was) but you can read all about her and the Glasgow Harbour at http://www.thetallship.com/.

Just look at the size of that! The wheel is as big as me man! Makes you wonder just how big Scotsmen were in the past...


For us, the Riverside Route only presented 2 interesting stops: Tall Ship, and SECC aka Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre where we were heading for the Glasgow Science Centre. Hmmm...think KLCC and Petronas Science Centre without the shopping elements? Yeah, this place is something like that. Somewhere after our tour about the Tall Ship and before entering the SECC, we'd lunched on fried rice that Ming cooked.


And what did we do here? Well, like children we'd had a hand touching everything touchable...and watched a 3D movie at IMAX! Rummaging through my box of memorabilia, I even found the tickets!


Whoa. Into The Deep 3D at 1.30pm, costing 4 quid on student price. Convert that price and it's RM28! But hey, it's an experience!


I remember Ming almost fell asleep during the movie. Seats were super comfy man.

Anyways. Wasn't really much for me to talk about. Just some snapshots into a day of my life. In fact without these snapshots even I'd have difficulty remembering what happened that day. Oh dear.

No comments: